A quiet stream in woods. It's winter, and all that can be heard is the gentle trickle coming from the water, and the occasional chirp from a bird that has not yet flown North for the winter.
"Okay everyone, what's this called? Michael?"
"It's a hook!"
"It is a hook. What is a hook? Sarah?"
"It's like, how you start something you write, to make the person reading it want to keep reading."
If you've had this or similar experiences in the classroom, it's no small wonder you found this blog. This is another teacher attempting to describe their assessments, lessons, units, activities, and all the trials and tribulations we encounter on the reg.
A little more about me and what I do: I am a fourth grade teacher at an international school in Beverly Hills, California. The curriculum I teach is the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program. Before that, I taught abroad for 3 years at an international school in Ankara, Turkey, where I taught the same grade and curriculum.
"Okay everyone, what's this called? Michael?"
"It's a hook!"
"It is a hook. What is a hook? Sarah?"
"It's like, how you start something you write, to make the person reading it want to keep reading."
If you've had this or similar experiences in the classroom, it's no small wonder you found this blog. This is another teacher attempting to describe their assessments, lessons, units, activities, and all the trials and tribulations we encounter on the reg.
A little more about me and what I do: I am a fourth grade teacher at an international school in Beverly Hills, California. The curriculum I teach is the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program. Before that, I taught abroad for 3 years at an international school in Ankara, Turkey, where I taught the same grade and curriculum.
Comments
Post a Comment